The Carter Family

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

MIA

Its been a while since I have blogged. It has been interesting around here with Troy starting school, Hinks starting school, and all of us sick. I am not even kidding we are still trying to kick our coughs and runny noses. I think we have a bit of New Mexico allergies... Hinks had an ear infection last week (BLAH!) and he had the throw ups last night. Poor kid just can't catch a break. And before you start saying well how clean is your house, let me tell you... We have been through 4 yes 4 cans of Lysol disinfectant spray, 3 clorox wipe buckets, and hot water like you wouldn't believe. I have cleaned places in my house I didn't even know existed. I am a drill sergeant when it comes to washing hands after using the potty, before eating and we have disinfect every time we go to the store, come home from school, church, etc. I clean the boys bathroom (including the shower, walls, handles and floor) every other day because for some reason in my head I think that is the dirtiest place in the house. I clean out the sink and wipe down the kitchen twice a day. I usually only mop 2-3 but we NEVER have shoes on in the house. I make sure all the knobs and stuff are wiped down every day too. SO WHY THE HECK ARE WE STILL SO PRONE TO SICKNESS?! GAH! This too will pass...

If you know me very well you will know that I HATE the ob/gyn. Well, I should just mention that I have been to several not so nice ob/gyn's and I have been privileged to have some who are great. When we got pregnant with baby #3 I finally mustered the courage to find a new mommy doctor. I googled and looked around and found her. THE BEST OB/GYN in Albuquerque. I went to my first appointment and was hooked on her. She wore BRIGHT pink cowboy boots and had a thick southern accent. We hit it off and I felt completely comfortable in her care. With little bumps and hiccups with this pregnancy she has reassured me of everything and has told me to NEVER HESITATE to call and I believe her. When I got so sick and dehydrated during the beginning of my pregnancy she was so upset I didn't come in sooner. When I had my spell in San Diego and got back and told her about it she wasn't too thrilled I didn't call her. This past weekend I again got really dehydrated and my kidneys were acting up so much so I was crying in bed on Sunday. Troy kept wanting to take me to triage at the hospital but I just didn't want to go because I wanted to see my doctor not some on call doctor. Well imagine my surprise when I got a phone call this morning telling me she is no longer with that practice. WHAT?! Is this a sick joke? I am less than a month away from giving birth and my doctor just up and leaves? I am so upset. I am so frustrated. I know it may not seem like a big deal but we had already talked birth plans and I knew she would do everything in her power to help me have the birth I envisioned. So now do I start brand new trying to find another doctor with only 3 appointments away from birth? Or do I go with the other doctor in the office who now has to take on ALL of Dr. Worleys patients? I have an appointment with the doctor in the same office on Friday but she is completely double booked the WHOLE DAY so do I think she will give me 15 seconds of her time? NOPE! Do I think she will care enough about me to be at my delivery? NOPE! It just makes me sick. I have read some reviews on this new doctor and they are all good but this poor woman is going to be so overwhelmed and exhausted. Will she even care that my fluids are low? BLAH! Okay sorry I am venting... I just am so frustrated at the moment. Things will work out and I will probably get some crazy military doctor who will want to slice me to pieces to get the baby out and that will be my experience.

Anyway... Life is good. I am healthy (for the most part). I have 2 beautiful boys and a husband who will help clean up puke and rub my back. We have a nice home and great family and friends. Things will work out. I just need to sit in a hot bath and hunt down Dr. Worley....

No comments:

Post a Comment