The Carter Family

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Update on baby & momma

We are 38 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I am actually very surprised we haven't had the baby. Even from the very beginning of this pregnancy I have felt that I would have this baby early. Then we had ultrasounds and a few health issues come up that pointed to that direction too. When a doctor tells you, "it looks like we will be inducing you within the next week or 2 or don't be surprised if you go into labor in the next week" and that was 2 weeks ago you kind of get it in your head you will be having this baby early. So I have all the baby clothes washed, everything set, the carseat installed, last minute items from the store, everything except the baby. Well, I did just pack the hospital bag today... In fact I haven't finished it but I will get to that.

I am extremely moody. More like I don't want to talk to anybody or anything. Its kind of a rough place to be in mentally... I hate feeling this way but I am trying to work through it.

Last Friday I met my new doctor. I liked her she just isn't my old doctor. She said she would induce me this week at my appointment but I see the PA so I doubt that will happen. In fact I don't think I will see the new doctor again... I think the rest of my appointments are with the PA. I left a bit frustrated from the appointment because I didn't get to share anything about how I was feeling or what my other pregnancies/deliveries were like. She didn't even measure my belly which in the past has been a concern because I usually measure 2 weeks small. She did check my cervix and didn't say anything but stripped my membranes. OUCH! Everything happened so fast that when I walked out the door I thought to myself, man thats not how I wanted the appointment to happen. I felt funny all Friday afternoon and night and even felt a few contractions through the night. Saturday nothing. Saturday night a few more contractions.

****TMI****
Sunday morning as I was getting ready for church I lost my mucous plug which included blood. And as I researched it a bit more I realized we could be in labor pretty soon and kind of got excited. Well its Tuesday night and still nothing. I have had some contractions and I feel them mostly when I am laying down.
*****TMI OVER*****

In some ways I feel bad for wishing this pregnancy gone and I AM SCARED TO DEATH of this delivery but I am ready for a change.

We toured the hospital I will be delivering at and I wasn't impressed. LIKE AT ALL. I probably should have toured all the area hospitals first and THEN picked a doctor. We had some nice meth heads in our tour group which gave me MAJOR anxiety. No seriously I started shaking and crying during the tour. It was embarrassing and frustrating.

Troy has been a champ through all my emotions. He has given me some beautiful blessings and has been so supportive.

I think we finally have a Pediatrician I like. I went to one that was recommended by 2 people because Chandler had this nasty rash on his back. YAH I AM TELLING YOU WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH THE RINGER WITH SICKNESS. I haven't even told you how I got the stomach bug and literally thought I was going to die. This pediatrician didn't have soap at the sinks, paper covering the exam tables and cobwebs all over the place. He looked just like the teacher guy on the first karate kid and I could barely understand him. There is no way we are going back there!

But Yesterday I went and met a PA that was recommended by another friend (THANK YOU KALLY!) and I really like him. Here they have a pediatrician that looks at all the newborn babies at the hospital and then when you are discharged you go to your own pediatrician.

I will get little boosts of energy and get something done and then feel like I have done nothing all day. My amniotic fluid looks great now and is back in the low/normal range. I feel like I have a list of about 20 things that need to get done but not one thing will for a while. I don't like that feeling! I like being able to get things done!

So we are pushing along. Before we know it baby Z will be here and being pregnant will just be a memory.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Hope you and baby are doing well. I am so ready for this little girl to come!

    ReplyDelete