The Carter Family

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sleepless nights & the Chilies Festival

WOW! What a crazy week. I think I could say that for the last 2 months!

Troy spent all of Friday night throwing up and had drill all day today and tomorrow. GOOD TIMES IN THE CARTER HOUSE. Can you guess what I did all day Saturday??? Yep disinfected the house again... I even cleaned the garage... But hey it was only like 70 degrees today which made this pregnant momma SUPER HAPPY!

Wednesday my mom and I went to a case lot sale at the local grocery store and we had fun stocking up on some food items... Only problem??? Lifting the cases!!! Sometimes I like to think I am superwoman (which I am) and have no consequences (which I do) and I was lifting those cases left and right. Couple that with lifting and moving furniture around to put the diaper changing table in the house... EQUALS=PREGNANCY HERNIA! Not even lying to you folks. Its my own darn fault... Oh and if you read my other post I HAVE NO CURRENT BABY DOCTOR. So after crying all night long in pain Thursday night, it was seriously MISERABLE, I went in to see the PA. Thank goodness this woman is wonderful and spent time with me. I am working on some exercises to help it heal (hopefully on its own) and I am not allowed to lift things, bend down (HA!), overeat (HAHAHA) you know BE A MOM! Oh good times in the Carter household...

So Monday night I was up with Hinckley most of the night with the throw ups... Thursday night I was up in pain.... Friday night I was up with Troy who puked the whole night... Yes I am planning on being up with Chandler and myself in the next few nights with the throw ups. I do feel like we are getting most of the crud out of our system before the baby comes, which I find a great tender mercy I just like to complain :) I can't even think about throwing up with a hernia... It will all work out... It will all work out... It will all work out. Plus the whole sleepless night thing is preparing me for the baby right?!

Okay enough complaining!!!!

Today in our little town they had a green chili festival. My parents went to this morning and gave us their tickets to go tonight. Troy was brave and needed some fresh air after drill so we took Hinks to it. Chandler wanted to stay and play at Grandpas which was fine with me because I didn't want to chase him around!

Hinks going down the tube slides


 He played this dart game twice and won 2 stuffed teddy bears. One for himself and one for his brother. And you get a lovely belly shot of me! HA! This is me at 36 weeks and 2 days.
 He got to ride this gorgeous horse! The lady was so nice and took him around 2 or 3 extra times.







We also ate ice-cream, jumped on a bouncy house race thingy, listened to some fun music, and had 2 balloon animals made. Chandler of course popped his about 2 minutes after getting it! It was fun. Not worth the price of getting in though, it was pricey... But a fun thing to get us out of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment