The Carter Family

Friday, August 17, 2012

Saying goodbye to an elect lady

It was a week ago tonight that we received a late phone call telling us that Grandma Puckett had been in a really bad car accident.

In my gut I knew this was her time to go and both Troy and I wanted to hop in the car and drive straight for Grand Junction to say goodbye. My in laws drove all night to be by her side and I am so thankful they did. They kept us up to date as the next 48 hours dragged on. She passed away Sunday night and we are so thankful she is not in pain. She was reunited with her parents, siblings, and 2 children. I can not imagine what a wonderful reunion it was for her!

The funeral was this past Thursday and we were hoping to go but it just wasn't in the cards for us. All of us have been sick (still are), Troy just finished up at his job to start school, Hinckley would have missed the first 3 days of 1st grade, and since my fluids are low I am sure the doctor would not have given me the go ahead to go. Even though if that was the only thing holding us back we would have still gone. So with so many strikes against us we decided to stay put. We have such fond memories of Grandma and we are so thankful we had the opportunity to know her! She served people EVERY SINGLE DAY OF HER LIFE! Many people say that about people but this lady truly lived up to that. If she wasn't working at the state home, or taking care of her ex-husband, it was her autistic grandchild. 

Here are some fun pictures and I need to find the ones from our wedding!
Probably one of my favorites of all time!
She loved Chandler!
This is my mother in law with her 2 surviving siblings. This is the lot location of the house they grew up in








No comments:

Post a Comment