The Carter Family

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Summer catch up

We did some fun things this summer and I should have been better at documenting it. But here are a few pictures I didn't get a chance to post yet.

After my sister told us of a friend who would teach her kids about different countries through out the summer I thought it was a great idea. Hinckley is at a perfect age to learn more about other customs and cultures. Our first stop was Mexico. We also made stops in China, Australia, and Africa. We went to the library and borrowed books that would give us insight on school in that country, food, games, etc.

Here are our finished pinatas! Hinckley loved smashing his to pieces but Chandler didn't want to ruin his... Mine is on the left, Hinks is in the middle and Chandlers is on the right.
Painting them!
Hinks loves art & craft time
Chandler would have loved painting everything in sight like the walls, table, himself
Hinks was really meticulous on the paint color and stuff, it made me smile
Our covered balloons!
Paste+balloons+newspaper=pinatas!
One Saturday a guy at Dads work had a summer party at his home up in the mountains. My kids were in HEAVEN because this house had all sorts of fun things to do. They have huge gardens, playhouses through the vast yard, ponds (with snakes in them), swings in random places, gnomes that dot the land that you search for, hiking trails, bugs and galore!

Hinks loved dressing up as a knight

They had this amazing zipline. Trust me I was a bit skeptical especially since I cut my eyelid on a zipline when I was 9 or 10. But after some trial runs from other kids and a few adults I let the kids go on it...

I have never in Chandlers life seen a smile as big as I did that day on the zipline. Nope I didn't catch it on camera because I was using my cell phone and I was PETRIFIED of him falling off the thing.
Hinks loved it too
Hinks coming down
We spent most of our summer days at the park in the morning before it got hot and then snoozing in the afternoon. I wish I would have taken more pictures because our summer is over even if it sill HOT outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment